layout

Monday, September 27, 2010

UPDATES!



SO much has been going on since I last updated, I should first start all of you off with my new job!!

I applied to Best Buy in their Camera Department back in July, went back for 3 interviews, yet never got a final call back. After posting this on Facebook, my friend Micheal told me his mom, Sandy Harrison with Photographic Elegance, Inc. was looking for an assistant at her home photography studio in Charlotte. After a call back and an interview, I got the job and I'm am now an Associate Photographer for her.

Let me start off by saying, Sandy- YOU ARE SO GREAT! :) I have learned so much already and I cannot wait to continue this with you. Going to school for photography was such a great choice, but with any job, you really learn the most when you're "out in the real world". I'm living proof of that! I'm learning new things in Photoshop (& to think I knew it all, ha ha), how to take yearbook pictures (there's so much more to it than you think!), how to crop those photos, designing portrait and wedding albums, how to photograph kids, posing...Oh the list goes on and on! I'm truly blessed to be working for such a great boss, family, and business. I'll keep all of you updated on how it's going :)

One of my best friends is having their baby pretty soon and I cannot wait to take her sons pictures. I've been looking up many ideas and watched Sandy shoot a newborn already, so I'm super pumped!!

I also got to photograph my neice, nephew's, brother and sister-in-law a few months ago in the CVCC's studio and my nephews first hair cut! I'll post those soon once I edit them.

I really hope everyone had a GREAT summer. I'll be posting back here soon. XOXO!

-Laura


P.S. Are you a Senior? Have a child age 2-12? Just having a baby/Pregnant? Have a wedding coming up? Need family pictures? Then definitely check out Photographic Elegance's Fanpage on Facebook, or their website!!

P.S.S. Sandy got a new FASHION ring light!! It's super bright (Warning: IT WILL BLIND YOU ha ha) but since it's light coming from all angles (being a ring/round shape) it flatters every sex, race, age and skin type! Check out my photo below...I think it came out really well!

No comments:

Post a Comment