layout

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

In the life of a photographer!

What a great week it's been so far!! I just went through some of my stuff from school and came across something I'd like to share with you all!

Some people wonder why photographers charge a lot of money. Ever heard of the experssion, "time is money"? That's definitally the case when it comes to photography. From getting the shoot ready, to actually shooting, and then the process of editing the pictures takes a long time! Here is a step by step (or Work Flow) of the what I do when I come home from a shoot with my client:

1) Upload pictures to computer
2) Save onto a DVD
3) Save onto external hard drive
4) Save onto computer
5) Open in Adobe Bridge
6) Star/label best images
7) Open image in Photoshop CS3 (camera raw)
8) Adjust exposure, contrast, levels, ect.
9) Save as .tiff & .jpeg
10) Burn final edited pictures to CD
11) Put images on online gallery for client to view
12) Send images to lab for printing

Whew! That's a lot of work! And just for about 100 images will probably take me 10 hours to do all of this (that's if there's not some serious editing I have to do to the image). So, you see, there is a lot more work that goes into taking photographs and the post production. It's a lot of work, but someone has to do it, like me ;)

Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment